Sunday, March 4, 2012

Couponing

Last fall I happened to catch an episode of Extreme Couponing. I was so intrigued by how these people were able to save so much money on everyday purchases and build a stockpile too. So I started searching the internet for anything I could find on how to coupon. Shortly after that our library was offering a class on couponing so I went to that also. One of the things the lady said during the class is that it takes a while to build up your stockpile. How true that is. I started about six months ago and I'm just barely starting to see a difference. One of the other things she said was that you will still have to pay full price for things for a while. For example, pasta goes on sale so you stock up, but you still need pasta sauce. So the sauce you pay full price for, but when it goes on sale, that's when you stock up. I've tried many different methods to find one that works for me and I'm just starting to get the hang of it.
The pictures below are from my shopping trip last week which was one of my better and larger shopping trips.
I spent $116 out of pocket for $230 worth of product.















It's nothing like what you see on Extreme Couponing, but it a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment